Step away from the computer
It’s almost labor day, and summer is winding down. While I enjoy sitting at my computer working on client projects, I can’t help but think of ways to enjoy these last few warm days outside while still considering work-related ideas. As important as work is, a breath of fresh air and freedom from the office chair is essential to productivity. Here are six fun ways to get inspired away from the computer.
2. Go to a museum. Check out Graphic Design – Now in Production at the Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum; the exhibit ends on September 3rd. Or take a trip to inspire your mind with some contemporary art at MASS MoCA
3. Take a walk. Simple but effective; the best ideas come to you when you’re not trying to find them. One of my favorite spots in the Capital Region is the Wilkinson trail at the Saratoga National Historical Park.
4. Call up an old friend. It’s always a good time for a friendly hello; you never know what your friends are up to, and Facebook can only tell you so much.
5. Take a nap. Einstein thought it was a good idea. This infographic shows the benefits better than any study.
6. Start a sketch book. Sometimes ideas don’t appear until there is a blank page for them to appear on. Brainstorm about something. Even if your not an artist, draw something, and don’t take it too seriously.